Saturday, October 03, 2026

Football Counter-Programming 2026: Week 5--Wendy's Folly


Here is what I know.

I know for sure that I'm putting a time bomb on this post by focusing on something that is so very much of this moment. 

I know that embedding this Spotify playlist within this post instantly makes it obsolete and guarantees a broken link for future readers.

(Hi future WWYG?! readers!)

I know all this and I'm choosing to do it anyway because this is just too weird of an idea to let it pass by uncommented upon. This is what FC-P is made for! Oddities that might be able to pull you out of your slavish obsequience to college football!

Do you know what I'm talking about? 

Do the embedded media items in this post already tell you what I'm talking about?

Have you heard of THIS--per an official Wendy's corporate press release. (Maybe the one link in this post that will pass the test of time?) 

(Future WWYG?! readers, let me know! I assume that we are communicating through some type of biomechanical brain wave telepathy that has been desperately cobbled together as the last ditch way to communicate anti-AI resistance planning among freedom fighters. So that the AI killer bots won't be able to continue hacking our guerilla attacks? Hopefully you can spare a few credit seconds of communication time to let me know how this blog fares in the grim future. And, wow . . . aren't you surprised that I even made it to a survival state in this future? Lacking obvious physical prowess or something like charismatic leadership qualities . . . I wonder why I'm still around? But I'm glad that I'm there in the future with you!)

ANDBUTSO . . . would you consider listening to this Wendy's playlist? 

Or is the very idea of it an insult to artistry and a capitulation to corporate stupidity? 

What if I made it easier for you? Would you listen now? 


Does it indeed . . . slap?

I confess that I have not spent time listening to these parking lot songs . . . because I've been carving out time to write about the need for YOU to listen to these parking lot songs.

Such is the responsibility of a Football Counter-Programming. Always counter-programming and never actually, um, programming?

I need you to tell me how the songs are? How do they compare to late 80s R.E.M.? Or early 2000s Death Cab for Cutie? Are they good enough to convince you to supersize those fries? Would you wear black eyeliner when you have a craving and go out to get that 8:30 pm Frosty?

Most importantly of all?

What would Dave say?!

Take time this Saturday to consider all of these questions and please, I beg you, devote your time to  this problem! Nobody in the NCAA is thinking about you like Wendy's is thinking about you!

Until next week . . . get some extra napkins because those french fries are gonna make your hands greasy. And you've gotta grip that wheel tight on the way home!

No comments: